Stressed is Desserts spelled backwards!
So why not de-stress in this beautiful space and watch the world go by as you savour one of our tantalising desserts with a frothy cappuccino, herbal tea or a Luscombe wild orchard juice.
Our Bread & Butter pudding is a local favourite and is bought often for take away – by the tray not slice!
The Pavlova with our signature mixed berry compote and organic ice-cream will make your heart melt
Death by chocolate with our home made vanilla ice cream is a slice of happiness on a slate while our seasonal fruit crumble with its home made granola topping and creme anglaise sauce is both tangy and sweet and tastes like more. Newly added to our menu Vanilla Panna Cotta with amaretto and coffee syrup & toffee popcorn! and a decadent Belgian Chocolate tart with blackcurrant sorbet, a Traditional rice pudding with caramelised apples & ginger and finally a Chocolate Brownie Sundae served with vanilla ice cream & more chocolate sauce!!
What’s more, Chocolate is good for you!
A new study suggests that eating chocolate can help you stay thin. Researchers at the University of California-San Diego found that people who frequently eat chocolate have lower body-mass indexes than people who don’t. Other evidence indicates that chocolate can also ward off strokes, heart attacks, and diabetes.
So here are 7 reasons to indulge in some s’mores this summer;
1. Chocolate decreases stroke risk; chocolate contains flavonoids, whose antioxidant properties help fight strokes.
2. Chocolate reduces the likelihood of a heart attack; studies show that eating chocolate prevents blood clots, which in turn reduces the risk of heart attacks.
3. Chocolate protects against blood inflammation; about 6.7 grams of dark chocolate per day keeps the blood inflammation-inducing proteins away.
4. Chocolate helps with maths; flavanols (a class of flavonoids, which are found in chocolate) help people with their mental arithmatic.
5. Chocolate may prevent cancer; cocoa contains a compound called pentameric procyanidin, or pentamer, which can disrupt cancer cells’ ability to spread.
6. Chocolate reduces the risk of diabetes; eating chocolate increases insulin sensitivity, which reduces the risk of diabetes.
7. Chocolate is good for your skin; flavonoids found in dark chocolate help protect the skin from the sun’s UV rays.
Coffee & Cake special, every day from 1pm – 5pm, only €8